Why Come To Georgia
Why Georgia is the Place to Be for Business
Reasons to call Georgia home
Because Georgia continuously ranks among the nation’s top 10 states when comparing job and income growth, low business and living costs, overall livability, and education opportunities, more and more business relocation projects are calling Georgia home. Yet being a state that offers these advantages required a concerted effort from legislators, civic leaders and the business community. And as the largest voice of that community, the Chamber is proud to have partnered in these efforts to create a state where business can thrive.
Representing businesses of all sizes and industries across our state, the Chamber continues to be involved in expanding our advantages, and creating more, to ensure Georgia continues to be a desired location for businesses of all kinds.
Specifically, our state offers:
- Pro-business atmosphere: A competitive state tax rate, mandates for a balanced state budget and legislation designed to support business growth and success are just a few reasons Georgia’s business environment is thriving.
- Skilled workforce: Through specialized workforce training to initiatives to connect business and education, Georgia boasts one the most educated, highly skilled and nationally-recognized workforces in the nation.
- Tax and business incentives: Statutory and negotiated incentives help eligible businesses realize their goals while lower taxes and a lower cost of living enable you to do more with the money you make and maintain a higher standard of living.
- Education: From Pre-K to graduate programs, Georgia offers a variety of quality education programs, services and resources—the kind that helps business excel.
- Quality of life: Georgia is among the top 10 fastest-growing states in the U.S. and for good reason. An affordable cost of living allows residents to maintain higher standards—a distinct advantage in attracting business relocation opportunities. An affordable cost of living, plentiful natural resources, cultural opportunies, and career opportunities makes Georgia a true live-work-play state.
The Georgia Chamber of Commerce is the strongest advocate for business in our state. Our tireless efforts across the state, from the capital to commerce centers in every corner of Georgia, helps to ensure Georgia stays a business friendly environment.