To build upon Georgia’s strong history of transportation excellence by supporting efforts to improve transportation funding and improve our state’s transportation infrastructure.
For over one hundred years, the Georgia Chamber has worked with state and local government to create one of the nation’s best transportation networks. As a result, our state is home to the world’s busiest airport, the nation’s fastest-growing port, and the South’s premier road and rail network.
But Georgia’s record growth has slowed, and our economy, like much of the nation, has yet to fully recover. State and federal transportation dollars are dwindling, and our transportation network is in desperate need of upkeep and expansion. We must find new ways to leverage our transportation assets while investing in the infrastructure necessary to maintain our position as a global logistics hub.
The Georgia Transportation Alliance was founded as an affiliate of the Georgia Chamber of Commerce in 2011. GTA is Georgia’s first organization focused solely on long-term transportation solutions related to economic development, traffic congestion, safety, and our fast-growing logistics industry.
In 2012, GTA lead the campaign that resulting in passage of the Transportation Investment Act in Georgia’s River Valley, Heart of Georgia, and Central Savannah Regions. This program will invest almost $2 billion into Georgia’s communities over the next ten years.
The Transportation Investment Act is only the first of many innovations needed to secure Georgia’s future as a transportation leader. In the future, GTA will:
- Support efforts to build and maintain quality multi-modal state transportation networks
- Working for policies to expand Georgia’s growing logistics industry
- Encourage strengthening the state’s ports and regional airport system
- Advocate for solutions to relieve congestion in the state’s metropolitan areas
- Identify needed improvements for rail and highway networks
- Encourage improved connectivity for rural communities
- Work with the state’s business community and elected leaders to identify and obtain proper planning, funding and commitment for effective transportation solutions
Georgia Transportation Alliance, Inc. operates as a 501(c)(4) nonprofit corporation. Contributions to Georgia Transportation Alliance, Inc. are not tax deductible.