GEORIGA BUSINESSES NEED YOUR HELP!
- House Resolution 993, sponsored by Rep. Chuck Efstration (R – Dacula), would amend the Georgia Constitution to provide for the creation of a business court with statewide jurisdiction.
- The goal of this legislation is to provide a dependable forum to litigants throughout Georgia for the resolution of complex business cases.
- HR 993 will enhance predictability, increase speed, improve case management, lower costs, and provide judicial expertise in complex commercial litigation.
- It will also provide relief to the demands placed on the state’s superior and state courts, making our judicial system more efficient.
- Without the passage of HR 993, Georgia’s excellent business climate will be in jeopardy.
- Businesses may decide to incorporate in neighboring states with a more favorable legal climate; that means fewer jobs, less economic growth, and less opportunity for all Georgians.
- HR 993 passed the Georgia House of Representatives with a 142 to 25 vote.
- We need your help – TAKE ACTION TODAY by contacting your Senator and encouraging them to vote “Yes” on HR 993 with NO amendments.
(Visited 409 times, 1 visits today)