With Iceland being the next destination of our international travel program, some might be asking the question, “Why Iceland?” If you fall into this category, keep reading – we’re breaking down our top five reasons to experience Iceland this September.
- ICELAND CONTINUES TO BE NAMED A TOP TRAVEL DESTINATION: If you look around, you might notice that Iceland is stealing the headlines of travel bloggers, magazines, websites, and more. Trust us, there’s a reason people everywhere are daydreaming about this small, but magnificent island-country.
– Business Insider listed Iceland as one of the top 50 places to travel in 2017
– Reykjavik was named the second most popular destination by travel search engine Kayak’s annual Travel Hacker Guide, as it has seen a 77% increase in KAYAK searches over the past year
– CNN named Iceland one of the four world’s hottest tourist destinations
– Forbes lists Iceland as one of their top travel trends for 2017
– Forbes spotlights Iceland as one of the top 10 coolest places to see in 2017
- CHECK OUT THE NORTHERN LIGHTS: If catching a glimpse of the Northern Lights is on your bucket list, look no further. While the Northern Lights can be a surprisingly tough sight to capture, Iceland has the privilege of having visibility more than eight months a year. From late August to the end of April, the Northern Lights are known to make an appearance that will simply take your breath away.
- TWO WORDS – BLUE LAGOON: Bláa lónið, or the Blue Lagoon, is a famous geothermal spa with seawater, which is believed to have natural healing powers. The crystal blue colored water is rich in minerals and offers a variety of luxury spa treatments. Take a dip as you make your way to the swim-up bar and grab a drink of your choice.
- EXPLORE THE LITTLE CAPITAL WITH THE BIG HEART – REYKJAVIK: Reykjavík is truly the gateway to Iceland. Offering countless historic museums, galleries, theatres, and cafés, busy locals bustle about with an inexhaustible energy. Immerse yourself in the Icelandic culture by trying local ingredients served fresh with delicious lamb, seafood, or wild game at any of the impressive downtown restaurants.
- THE NOTABLE GOLDEN CIRCLE: What exactly is the Golden Circle and why is it so popular? We’re glad you asked! The Golden Circle features Thingvellir National Park, Gullfoss Waterfall, and Geysir Geothermal Area, three equally incredible locations in southwest Iceland. Thingvellir National Park is a key location in Icelandic history as the oldest existing parliament in the world, first assembled there in 930 AD. Gullfoss is one of Iceland’s most famous waterfalls, leaving onlookers with a jaw-dropping experience. Finally, the highly active Geysir Hot Spring Area with boiling mud pits, exploding geysers, and the lively Strokkur, spouts water 100 feet into the air every few minutes.
Now you can see that the question is not, “Why Iceland?” but rather, “Why NOT Iceland?” Spots are filling up quick, so secure your spot by the June 19 deadline, here.
Still have questions regarding the trip? Join our informational webinar on June 6 by registering here.