Economic Resiliency & Recovery
- Flexible and Competitive Tax Policy Support flexibility for businesses utilizing existing incentives to mirror changing economic landscape as well as support new tax policies that will increase our state’s competitiveness.
- Upskilling and Workforce Support policies to reduce regulatory barriers to employment. Licensure reform offers a chance to get skilled individuals back to work and meet workforce needs.
- Infrastructure of the Future Support additional investments in infrastructure that are integral to our long-term needs and innovation-oriented improvements. This includes everything from broadband and 5G to freight and logistics.
- Cyber Safe Harbor Support policies that provide a legal safe harbor for companies that go to the highest standard to protect consumer data is a valuable tool to encourage more robust cybersecurity practices and procedures.
- Rural Resiliency Support policies to assist in privately-funded technological infrastructure advancements in rural communities aiding small businesses, colleges, hospitals, and local governments
- Support current tax incentives and economic development policies that have proven to attract investment and create jobs in the state
- Promote policies that strengthen emerging and innovative technology and industries that have potential to grow jobs and economic prosperity
- Preserve Georgia’s employment-at-will doctrine and the state’s right-to-work status
- Preserve employers’ ability to maintain a safe business environment for employees
- Examine options for portable benefits such as disability insurance and retirement for non-traditional employees
Energy & Natural Resources
- Protect statewide access to sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy supplies
- Enhance access to high-quality, affordable water supplies and ensuring future water supply security for communities and businesses across the state.
Health & Wellness
- Support a state-led approach to ensure the viability of our healthcare system by supporting implementation of federal waiver programs to help small businesses with premium assistance as well as increase access to care for more Georgians
- Promote cost containment with respect to employer-sponsored health Insurance
- Extend liability protections from COVID-19 exposure for healthcare workers, facilities and businesses
- Extend product liability protections for businesses producing personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Improve the balance of the state’s legal climate by modernizing Georgia’s Civil
- Practice Act and limiting prejudicial practices of plaintiffs’ attorneys
- Establish liability protections based on a plaintiff’s status as an invitee, licensee, or trespasser on landowners’ property
- Support funding for a government-wide support team for rural communities
- Incentivize rural healthcare workforce pool expansion
- Extend jobs tax credit for businesses creating rural remote positions
- Support enhancing regional economic development cooperation
Talent and Workforce
- Promote policies that increase awareness and access to higher education options for Georgians as well as the return on investment of a degree program based on anticipated income
- Support policies that improve college persistence and completion rates to provide an employable and adaptable workforce
- Promote the continued and expanded investment in public and private research
- Support continued strategic investment of state funding into Georgia’s transportation network to promote economic growth and greater quality of life
- Support efforts to expand Georgia’s capacity to transport freight.
- Support strategic efforts to continue to develop Georgia’s network of public transportation systems
- Support innovations in transportation that contribute to the state’s competitiveness and economic growth
Click here for a printable PDF version.
(Visited 4,292 times, 5 visits today)