Log in or register below to have your Certificates of Origin stamped
Frequently Asked Questions
How quickly can I get my eCO stamped?
How much does it cost?
Additional Resources & Templates
How do I get started?
Register for a free account here and have your documents stamped the same day
How do I get my documents stamped?
2. Decide if you will upload your documents (called eCertSubmit), or create them on the eCertify site (called webdocs). Go to the “My details” section (gray box, left hand side) and select either eCertSubmit or Webdocs. Click Save. You can change your method as needed.
- How to submit using webdocs. This is if you want to enter your shipment details into the system and have the system automatically create the documents for you. This is a great time saver if you haven’t already created the documents
- How to submit using eCertSubmit. This is if you want to upload already created PDF files. If you need a template, you can download one here, and access a how-to guide here.
3. Once your documents are created or uploaded, click “˜Submit.’ Your documents will be reviewed and stamped by the chamber. You will receive a confirmation email after the documents have been stamped.
4. Follow the link in the confirmation email, login to eCertify and review your documents. If everything looks correct, click accept. The system will take you to a payment screen.
5. Pay for your certificate through Paypal. You now own the file, and can print or email the file as many times as needed.
What is the turnaround time?
Our average turnaround time is under an hour. During normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8-4p.m. EST) we can have it back to you same day. On weekends and holidays, we can rush your documents for an additional fee.
If you anticipate having a tight deadline, or you need one right away, just give us a call at 404.223.2264 and we will do our best to get it back to you immediately.
How much does it cost?
The standard fee is $25 per submission for Georgia Chamber members, $75 for non-members.
Additional documents, such as Bills of Lading, Commercial Invoices, etc. will be stamped at no additional charge when submitted with a Certificate of Origin.
Average turnaround time is around an hour, with a guaranteed 24-hour turnaround time when submitted during business hours. If you do want your documents rushed, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org after submitting your documents.
What is a Certificate of Origin?
A Certificate of Origin (CO) is a document which states the origin of goods being exported. Virtually every country in the world considers the origin of imported goods when determining what duty will be assessed on the goods or, in some cases, whether the goods may be legally imported at all.
Chambers of Commerce are the primary authorized body to stamp these documents.
In addition to being required by specific countries, a CO may be requested by customs administrators, importers, freight forwarders or banks for clearance of letters of credit. Electronic Certificates of Origin (eCO), created online, are the digital version of the document.
- Guide to filling out the electronic Certificate of Origin form
- Download the Georgia Chamber Electronic Certificate of Origin template
- Schedule B Commodity Code Search
- Country Guides
Why is an electronic Certificate of Origin better for my business?
Mailing or sending couriers to get your Certificates of Origin stamped is both inefficient and costly. With an electronic Certificate of Origin, exporters and freight forwarders now have a seamless and streamlined electronic solution providing real value in cost savings and efficiency gains. Electronic Certificates of Origin:
- Improve turnaround time to better meet tight deadlines
- Reduce errors to lessen the chance of a hold up in customs
- Eliminate courier costs and wait time
- Reduce administration costs
- Allow you to receive up-to-the-minute information on the status of your submission
- Allow a proof of the certificate to be shared with other parties to ensure accuracy
Eliminate your paper-based processing of Certificates and start saving time and money today!
Additional Resources and Information
- PDF: Everything Exporters Need to Know about Electronic Certificates of Origin
- PDF: How to fill out the GA Chamber electronic Certificate of Origin form
- PDF: Editable eCO form
- Video Tutorial: How to use your eCertify account
- Website: Schedule B Commodity Code Search
- Website: Country Guides
(Statistics from the Georgia Department of Economic Development)
For More Information Contact